screenprint on thick wove
image: 565 × 770mm
frame: 830 x 1030mm
• signed, dated and described ‘signes’ - numbered 28/60 with “editions empreinte” stamp - this publisher still exists and now publishes poetry
• vintage french frame - concervation mount and museum glazing
• acquired from a dealer few kilometres from Signes (a commune in the Var department in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region in southeastern France).
• a huge presence in any room - the frame is very heavy!!
• Painter and engraver, born in Nancy in 1937, in Montpellier he taught computer science (2D-3D) at the School of Fine Arts.
Patrice VERMEILLE is an artist with multiple facets, the artist navigates between classical concerns: space traced in a golden number, painting by program or the presence of the spiritual and reality in the painting (acknowledged reference to Vassili KANDINSKY). It uses the hybridization of forms, the complexity of new tools (such as Computer Aided Design) and the force of a steely and incisive drawing, cutting, which seems to define a space of chaos.
It is present in museums such as those of Marseille (Museo Cantini), Montpellier, Belfort, Paris (Louvre, Gabinete des Estampas) and M.O.M.A. from New York.
(translated from a gallery page)
* as with all the prints on the website: please call if you require any further information or clarification - details are also in the 'how to buy' section found on the 'home' page - please call or email me.
my details are:
122 grove lane
london SE5 8BP (viewing by appointment only)
t: +44 0 7713399961